Thursday, August 11, 2016

ART FROM THE CAMPGROUND: Congrats to HELEN COOKE!

A friend recently was invited to join the Design Team of the Wicked Wednesday ATC Challenge site so I decided to create an ATC to congratulate Helen Cooke! You can check out Helen's blog here

The challenge for this week is to use the color Sunshine Yellow in an ATC. An ATC (or Artist Trading Card) is art in a smaller size, specifically 2-1/2" x 3-1/2".  It's not always easy to create art in such a small size, but it is always fun!

To create this ATC, I began with a scrap of multi-colored patterned paper for my background. I used a new stamp created by stamp designer Carol Porter. You will find "Crystal" in Carol's Etsy Shop here. First, I stamped the hat onto Sunshine Yellow card stock and cut it out.  Next, I stamped the image again onto buff paper and just cut out the face, which I further colored with Copic markers. Finally, I stamped the full image onto my background paper and adhered both the hat and face over that image. The sentiment was printed on my computer.



I am entering this ATC in this week's Wicked Wednesday ATC Challenge. If you can find some time this week, join me in getting crafty--only in a smaller size!

Thanks for visiting today and for taking a moment to leave a comment.  Both are appreciated!

Cheers!

11 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous ATC...the sunshine yellow is a perfect foil for this face. Beautifully done, Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh - she's beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at Wicked Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this Kay, fabulous stamping and colouring and what a lovely stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your friend, and wow, just love the ATC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and a nice congratulations gift for a friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kay, thanks for the shout out. I love love the ABC. Glad your enjoying the stamp!����

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kay, thanks for the shout out. I love love the ABC. Glad your enjoying the stamp!����

    ReplyDelete
  8. This ATC has a lovely warm summery feel about it, with the colours complementing each other beautifully. Thanks for playing along at Wicked Wednesday this week.

    Kay, thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog, but most of all for believing in me. It is easy to think you're 'not quite good enough' when you look at what others are doing, but then I look back at how far I've come since starting this papercrafting journey and know I'm slowly but definitely getting there (where-ever 'there' is LOL). Mwah! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful ATC!!! Loving this face and the bright colors too Kay.
    And what a great news that Helen Cooke is part of Wicked Wednesday team!!! I think she loves creating ATCs, so she must be thrilled! I will try to manage a visit on her blog to congratulate her as deserved.
    Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful ATC. Love the african feel to it with the bright summery background. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment! Your kind words are appreciated and serve as inspiration to me.