Saturday, January 28, 2017

ART FROM THE ROAD: Sunday Postcard Art (01-29-17)

Rosie is hosting the Sunday Postcard Art challenge this week, and she has chosen SEPIA as her challenge! I love creating in sepia, or rather creating and then turning it into sepia using my Photoshop software!!

Here, I have used a tried-and-true technique using Gesso to create my background. I cut two 4x6" substrates from white cardstock and applied a thick coat of Gesso to one of them. I pressed them together and massaged them with my fingers to move the Gesso around. When I pulled them apart, I had two unique substrates from which to choose. You can use any colorant (spray inks in this case) to add the desired color(s). 

My images were stamped on white cardstock, as well, and fussy cut and then adhered to my substrate. My text was created and printed on my computer and printer.




I hope you will find some time this week to play along with those of us who have come to love the Sunday Postcard Art challenge. You can find the details here.

Thanks for stopping by today and for taking just a moment to leave a comment so that I will know you were here!

Cheers!




14 comments:

  1. Stunning postcard..loving the texture and images..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. very lovely card. love the inspiring quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful in all details. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Kay! I like the images and words you've used over that lovely textured background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She doesn't look at all worried that her new tomorrow will definitely be sunny. The pile of clocks is a great detail element. Great background texture. Thanks for sharing how you crated it. Terrific postcard Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful postcard Kay - I shall have to give your gesso technique a try.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this technique Kay. do you have your printer on the road with you? fantastic postcard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Wouldn'the travel without it. Scanner, too!

      Delete
  8. I always love a little Frida-a wonderful postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely Kay. I love the colours and the stamps. Go you :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous poscard, Kay; I love the sepia, and I LOVE the sentiment. It's particularly apt right now. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like this Kay, Freda looks fabulous and I love how you've created your background xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment! Your kind words are appreciated and serve as inspiration to me.